Re: Make a new staff occupy the same vertical space as a previous staff

From: Joel Ebel
Subject: Re: Make a new staff occupy the same vertical space as a previous staff
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:57:40 -0400

Thanks for all the help. As per Simon's advice, I'm now doing this to
get rid of the TAB clef on the first line of RhythmicStaff, and I like
the removal of the DevNull. It's perhaps a toss-up whether the source
is easier to read with << >> around the TabStaff it vs putting a
\stopStaff after it, but perhaps internally it is cleaner this way.
The result of this is now just what I want.

\version "2.19.25"

\new Line {
  <<
    {
      <<
        \new TabStaff {
          \relative c {c1}
          \omit TabStaff.Clef
        }

      \break
      \new RhythmicStaff \relative c' { 1 \break 1 }

\layout {
  \context {
    \name "Line"
    \type "Engraver_group"