Re: how to get notes without tails?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: how to get notes without tails?
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 20:52:22 +0100

Blöchl Bernhard wrote Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:56 PM

> Well, the glossary is a nice hint. But have you considered that the
> glossary is only available in English? So that a not anglophone could
> not find an expression she/he does not know! (Just the case for me.)

That deficiency has long been recognised, although the primary purpose of
the glossary was originally to help non-English speakers to understand
the English language docs, before translations became available.

> It could help, if there is a parallel glossary in another mothertongue.
> This is not the case, as there is only an English version - AFAIK. Do
> you really think, a non English speaker will find a word in an English
> glossary one does not know?

It would be a great help, I think, to add all the non-English terms to the
Glossary Index.  That would be easy to do, but very laborious and
time-consuming.  Just needs someone to do it ....

Trevor