Re: Advanced note column handling…

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Advanced note column handling…
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:15:40 +0200

Dear Simon,

> in a Mendelssohn score I encountered a problem on which I’m biting my
> teeth off. Have a look at the attachments – that’s easier than making
> many words. As you can imagine, the span stem should connect the two
> middle voices and the top two voices not collide (no matter in which
> direction), but I couldn’t yet figure out how: no combination of
> NoteColumn.force-hshift and NoteColumn.ignore-collision that I tried
> gave the intended result.

At least optically I can trick the collision away...
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.25"

\score {
  \new PianoStaff \with { \consists #Span_stem_engraver }
  <<
    \new Staff
    <<
      \repeat tremolo 4 {
        a'16 bes'16
      }
      \\
      {
        \voiceFour \crossStaff {
          % With this override, the span stem is correct,
          % but the first and second voices collide…
          %\override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
          \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #0.5 \once \override
Stem.length = #12 <g' e'>4.

    \new Staff
    <<
      \clef bass
      { \voiceFour \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1 cis'4. }
      \\
      { \voiceTwo a,2 }

}

--