Re: Gallery of Interesting Music Notation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Gallery of Interesting Music Notation
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 14:04:08 +0100

PMA wrote Tuesday, September 01, 2015 1:49 PM

> Trevor Daniels wrote:
>> ... in the Learning Manual:
>> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/real-music-example
>
> Should the LH upper 'D' not be an E-flat?

It's debatable, but it isn't in my edition (Augener),
but there is a footnote there which says:

"Klindworth has E flat, explaining that he found it
in an English edition, and he retained it in his,
because he liked the effect.  There is no doubt that
D is correct and I have thus altered it.  X.S."

I guess that makes those three bars all the more
interesting :)

Trevor