Re: Help for \beamExceptions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Help for \beamExceptions
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 12:50:02 +0100

On Thu, 2015-09-03 at 12:59 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:

> >> There are separate commands for defining time-signature-specific
> >> exceptions rather than the currently active exception list.
> >
> > I was just experimenting with something along those lines when your
> > email arrived:
> >
> > #(override-time-signature-setting '(3 . 8) '())
> >

> > I was thinking this might revert the 3/8 rules to the default, but I'm
> > not sure I've got it right yet. I got there from Simon Albrecht pointing
> > me to
>
> Anything wrong with using \overrideTimeSignatureSettings here?  Cf
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms#index-time-signature-default-settings>

Well, that is the facility currently available in Denemo, but it applies
to a particular instance of a time signature change, the user has to
re-define (or cut and paste) to use it in another part of the score.

I think I have got there with modifying default-time-signature-settings
- now I have:

beamExceptions-three-eight =   \beamExceptions {  e'8[ f'8]a'8 }

#(let ((outer-value #f) (value #f))
   (set! outer-value (assoc-get '(3 . 8) default-time-signature-settings))
   (set! value (assoc-get 'beamExceptions outer-value))
   (set! outer-value (assoc-set! outer-value 'beamExceptions
beamExceptions-three-eight))
   (set! default-time-signature-settings (assoc-set!
default-time-signature-settings '(3 . 8) outer-value)))

This changes the 3/8 rule to 2 beamed and one un-beamed 1/8 note in the
bar. the beam exceptions can be created by the Denemo user simply by
selecting the music which has been manually beamed and declaring that
this is to be the rule, (or added to the current beamExceptions etc).

I think I am now cooking with gas - thank you very much David and Simon,
and apologies for a slightly off topic thread.

Richard