Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan

From: Caio Giovaneti de Barros
Subject: Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 16:37:05 -0300

On 02-09-2015 10:08, Andrew Bernard wrote:

I am not sure how long you may have been following things, but this topic came
up for me recently, and there is various discussion in the archives.

Yes, I made a search through the list the best I could, but I didn't find this (maybe the titles are not so obvious?). Also, the list is just too active to follow each topic. I'm just saying this not to give the impression I asked without consulting the documentation first

I came up with two half baked solutions, one involving modifying a text
spanner, another modifying a markup, but neither of these is satisfactory.

Ok, I'll look into the archive to find a solution.

I continue to be amazed how useful such a capability would be, and how many
people request it. Certainly this sort of thing is all through the contemporary
music scores I deal with.

Exactly! I, too, am dealing with contemporary music (my compositions), maybe that's it.

Thank you for the reply.