Re: how to define rehersal marks globally?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: how to define rehersal marks globally?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 18:32:14 +0200

Ole Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I have a score, how can I define rehersal marks globally (instead of in
> every voice) so that they appear in every other voice, when I print it out
> (like below)?
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> global= {
>   \time 4/4
>   \key c \major
> }

[...]

Well, the following might be relying a bit much on current semantics but
at least now it appears to do the trick.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
global= {
  \time 4/4
  \key c \major
}

violinOne =  \relative c'' {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Violin 1 "
\mark \default
  c2 d \mark \default
  e1

  \bar "|."
}

violinTwo =  \relative c'' {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Violin 2 "

  g2 f
  e1

  \bar "|."
}

viola =  \relative c' {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Viola "
  \clef alto

  e2 d
  c1

  \bar "|."
}

cello =  \relative c' {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Cello "
  \clef bass

  c2 b
  a1

  \bar "|."
}

global =
<<
  \global
  \new Devnull \violinOne

\score {
%  \new StaffGroup <<
%    \new Staff << \global \violinOne >>
%    \new Staff << \global \violinTwo >>
    \new Staff << \global \viola >>
%    \new Staff << \global \cello >>
%  >>
  \layout { }