Re: Hidding Staff Lines at the start of a line

From: zzk
Subject: Re: Hidding Staff Lines at the start of a line
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 06:36:29 -0700 (MST)

simon.albrecht wrote
> Hi Zoran,
>
> Am 09.09.2015 um 12:14 schrieb zzk:
>> Hi ponders,
>>
>> I was wondering if it is possible to hide staff lines between the very
>> start
>> of the line and the point where the notation starts. In other words, no
>> lines over the clef, key signature and time signature. Hopefully the
>> attached image demonstrates what I mean.
>
> I only ever remember seeing that as a result of wrong code input.
> The clef and key signature don’t make any sense without staff lines. So
> why would you want that, if I may ask?
>
> Yours, Simon

Hi Simon,

I have been looking for a 'time line' solution for a while, and although I
have found two on the forum that I really like (one by Harm and one by David
Nalesnik) I would prefer something like the attached image. For that reason
I was thinking of using a drum staff with one line (and omitted clef and
time signature), so that a 'time line' starts and ends in parallel with the
music parts.

I hope my explanation makes sense.

Zoran <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n180882/time-line.png>