Re: Part of Key signature in bracket

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Part of Key signature in bracket
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:27:35 +0200

Andreas Stenberg <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm editing an 18-th century piece with several voices and "movements"
> where the source; an early print, has a printing error for the first
> movement of the pice. In all the Voices for that movement the key is
> given as G-major when it obviously should be D- major as in the rest
> of the movements. Is there any way to get a bracket on the c- sharp in
> the key signature for D - major?
> (I'v allready found the snippet for putting a bracket around the whole
> key signature and can use that as an emergency stoppgapp solution but
> i would like a neater more exakt notation showing exaktly what has ben
> editorialy added. )

I think that in the last three weeks or so somebody posted a Scheme
version of the key signature engraver here.  That would likely be the
go-to solution for fudging a bracket in.

A hand-grown solution would be to replace the code putting the key
signature in with something that adds the bracket on top (experimenting
until one has it positioned correctly).

I'm a bit at a loss about what a nice _user_ interface for achieving
that kind of thing should look like.

--
David Kastrup