Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:53:00 +0600

Hi,
I’m now 42, singer/songwriter and collector of German and international folk
music. Former scout and LARP bard. Otherwise media designer and programmer.

I’m using LilyPond on OSX since summer 2005, previously with different editors
(Smultron, TextWrangler, Eclipse), since maybe two years exclusively with
Frescobaldi.

Mostly I prepare lead sheets and songbooklets for me and my friends and family
from songs that I like and some of my own.
Since I also like to work with ConTeXt (a modern alternative to LaTeX that
makes good use of LuaTeX), I’ve my own workflow to combine both (see
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond).
So I mostly engrave existing music, often with my own arrangements, but need
LilyPond also as a composition tool (I need to hear the MIDI to be able to get
the rhythm notation right or to test arrangements).

I just released my first CD, see http://www.fiee.net/auditive/ (everything in
German); notes are available, LilyPond sources on request.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm