Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 20:12:41 +0200

On 2015-08-26 22:10, Urs Liska wrote:
This thread makes me wonder: what's the average age of LilyPond users
and developers?
Remind me in two weeks and I'll start a poll on Scores of Beauty ...

I send in this reminder not because I'm especially interested in ages,
but it would be interesting to know more about stuff like editor usage
and if LilyPond is used for original compositions or for engraving
existing compositions.

I'm now 54 and I first used LilyPond in 2001 (version 1.3.73 or 84, don't remember exactly) for an amateur choir where I sung bass (directed by my wife). I re-typed a Te Deum composed by a brother of a sopran, and found it fabulous. I prepare material for my wife who is also a music teacher (examinations).

With John and Gauvain, we began to translate the web site in 2004 and the documentation thereafter.

I'm not a programmer but use a computer since 1985.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles