Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:17:08 -0700

Urs, I'd still like to see a poll or at least all the answers
collected and analyzed etc.

Me:

46-year-old composer.

I use Lilypond for all my scores. I've used off and on for 10 years(?)
but every day for the past 3 years. I started using it because it was
free, produced excellent scores, and having drunk the LaTeX Koolaid it
seemed like a perfect fit.

I don't have access to any instruments so I compose directly into Lilypond.

I have a massive project in the works
(http://www.platonicmusicengine.com) that uses Lua to generate
Lilypond files.

I use LuaLaTeX to bind my scores together into nice books.

I use emacs for my editor as I'm able to do Lilypond, LaTeX, and Lua
files as well as my website and various other projects in the same
editor.