Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:22:35 -0700

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 08:12:41PM +0200, Jean-Charles Malahieude wrote:

> >>Remind me in two weeks and I'll start a poll on Scores of Beauty ...
> >
> >I send in this reminder not because I'm especially interested in ages,
> >but it would be interesting to know more about stuff like editor usage
> >and if LilyPond is used for original compositions or for engraving
> >existing compositions.

I am 73.  I have used Lily on Debian Linux since the early 2000s.  I enter
music with Emacs.  I use Make to keep scores and parts updated.

I reorganize and/or recopy parts for orchestra, band, jazz band and
pit bands.  Sometimes because parts are hard to read or don't
provide enough cues or because players in the pit can't play the
doubles required.

I once with help did an entire concerto when the rental agent didn't
deliver the parts on time.

Paul