Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Kim Shrier
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 21:53:57 -0600

I’m 60 and I program for a living.

I have been using lilypond almost from the time it first came out.
I mainly use it for typesetting medieval and renaissance music,
sometimes from original notation or for re-typsetting poorly
typeset editions.

I have contributed some minor enhancements and bug fixes
when I first started using lilypond but nothing lately.

I use emacs for music entry and manage my music projects
using the fossil source control system and the mk make command
from Plan 9.

I used to use Calliope on the NeXT machine before I discovered
lilypond.  Tried Finale and Sibelius but I really prefer the text entry
and quality of lilypond.

Kim Shrier