Re: [OT] gmail: not able to paste code

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: [OT] gmail: not able to paste code
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 08:58:23 +0200

jEdit is available for
Windows
Unix/Linux
Mac OS X
VMS
So, Windows is not a hindrance to use jEdit. jEdit needs Java, also available for all platforms.

Actual version is jEdit 5.2. I actually do not use jEdit, I stopped it about 20 years ago as the future development was doubtful.

I use Linux mint in the actual version on different Hardware. Sometimes I have problems pasting something into my mails. Seldom - not frequently. Till now I could not find any rules for copy/paste not working ... If I copy to an ASCII editor first and from there to my mails it is working. May be a problem of control characters? I report this behaviour to make clear that in my experience it is not only a problem of jEdit. But may be this misbehaviour is reproducible with your jEdit version? Can you check a problematic copy piece for exotic characters?

Regards