Re: [OT] gmail: not able to paste code

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: [OT] gmail: not able to paste code
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 13:02:06 +0200

> Meanwhile I reinstalled jEdit and changed java:
>
> $ java -version
> java version "1.6.0_36"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.8) (6b36-1.13.8-0ubuntu1~14.04)
>
> No success, at least neither Ctrl+c Ctrl+v nor via mouse-menu
>
> > Did you press C-c for copy and C-v for paste (that's via the clip board
> > I think, possibly requiring some sort of clipboard manager in your
> > desktop environment)?  The other way is marking with mouse-drag-1 and
> > pasting with middle-mouse: that one goes via the X selection mechanism.
>
> via middle-mouse it worked finally (I forgot to test this method)
>
> Though, I have not the slightest idea what changed and why

Wild guess:
Did you (accidentially) change (or override globally) some keybindings ?

On KDE that occasionally happened to me. I have no experience with
Gnome though.

That fact that it works via middle-mouse implies that basically the
communication infrastructure is working and that somehow CTRL-C
and CTRL-V just not trigger the required processes.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden