Re: restrainOpenStrings

From: BB
Subject: Re: restrainOpenStrings
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 12:27:56 +0200

If one interprets the text of the manual the line
\set TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings = ##t
powers up the not really perfect working
\set TabStaff.minimumFret = #1
to work as one would expect by simply interpreting the text implies.

But that does not depreciate the basic question about the logik. One might extend the logik question to ask why \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #1 does not do what one would expect spontaneous from the statement. The question why \set TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings = ##t does not do what one would expect spontaneous from the statement.

Anyway, as I just pointed out - I can live with this contradictories. So simply let me annul my question.

Thanks.