Re: Fwd: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Edward Ardzinski
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 12:15:28 -0700 (MST)

At this point I can't even locate the LP 2.6.5 install package - so I'll be
faced with a change when I need a new computer, and that is probably a
shockingly small number of days.

I figure I can figure something out for opening ly files - they are text
after all.  The custom editor was fun and all that, but it's been 6 years
since I did an update to that even, and now have a "code fragments" text
file I keep open.

I think my structured work of the last few years will be easier to port - I
can't even get good work done on some of my oldest work since I was writing
things out in such a verbose way.  I suspect I will need primarily to tweak
the template file for the little bits I've read on newer versions of LP.
The version of AP I'm using also also ages old, so I might be porting in a
lot of ways.