Re: Re:OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: flup2
Subject: Re: Re:OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 01:26:33 -0700 (MST)

Age: 40

Job: teacher in a public music school (music theory, sightreading, music
history, etc.) and accompanist in Belgium

I began computer engraving by working for a little publishing and engraving
company that worked for some Belgian and French publishers. We were using
Finale, from 3.7.2 to 2007. After stopping there, I decided to use LaTeX for
all my writing stuff, and LilyPond came a few time later, with the same
ideas: text file source, content >< form, etc..
Before LaTeX and lilypond, my only "code" experience was TI-99 games in
Basic back in the early '80s ;-) (with backup on audio tapes !)

For now, my lilypond files are mostly teaching material for my students, or
transcriptions of melodies for my "amateur bass voice" (to avoid
transposition for the accompanist ;-) )

Philippe