Rendering cropped SVG

From: potoroo
Subject: Rendering cropped SVG
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:28:53 +0200

Hello,

I'd like to render my scores (only short exercises that don't fill a page) as .svg so I can include them on a website. For this, the images would have to be cropped without any white margins. I've searched the web for hours without finding a solution.

I tried lilypond -dbackend=svg test.ly, but this only renders the first system. I also tried to include this:

\paper {
  indent = 0\mm
  line-width = 120\mm
  oddHeaderMarkup = ""
  evenHeaderMarkup = ""
  oddFooterMarkup = ""
  evenFooterMarkup = ""
}

But that didn't help at all. I have found a solution for png:

lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts --png test.ly

However, the flag --svg doesn't seem to exist, and an additional -dbackend=svg in place of --png doesn't work either.

Can anybody help me out here?