Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:01:07 +0100

On 14/09/15 21:42, Tim Reeves wrote:
> Well, as a hornist, I reckon my instrument of choice is a lot closer to
> a "vague pointing instrument" than to a keyboard instrument! Sometimes
> when I point it this way it goes the other way. In reality, it depends
> more on my lips etc. than on my fingers, of which I use four when
> playing normally. I am not average, I confess.
> :)

As a trombonist, I can beat you on that - I just wave it about, and use
at most one finger (I have a Bb/F). Still, I think a valve Bass Trombone
(Bb/F/G) (not that I've ever seen such a beast) would just about catch a
*typical* modern mouse up. A gaming mouse would still knock it into a
cocked hat.

Cheers,
Wol