Re: superimposing different lengths and ties across triplets

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: superimposing different lengths and ties across triplets
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:16:14 +0200

Am 16.09.2015 um 12:43 schrieb Erich Neuwirth:
%% I need a tie between the second note of the first triplet and the first note
of the second triplet,

  \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
or (if outside of the polyphonic construction)
  \set Staff.tieWaitForNote ##t
should help.

%% and I need the notehead of the d (upper note at first position) to be a half
note.
%% superimposing the half note and the triplet note gives the full head, not
the hollow head.

This can be done with
  \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
which merges half note heads and note heads of eighths or smaller. You won’t need the \shiftOnn and force-hshift anymore ;)

Maybe it would help you to read the Learning Manual. It has a very nice example how to deal with collisions in polyphony (section 4.5.3).