Re: Ties and repeats

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Ties and repeats
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 19:36:43 +0200

On 16.09.2015 12:45, David Kastrup wrote:
Frank Wuest <address@hidden> writes:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently transforming the bass part of a big band arrangement (8
pages, boo!)
into a more usable form. That means using a bunch of repeats with
alternatives, plus
ties across these alternatives.

Now I know that regular ties don't work from the end of an alternative
to the beginning
of the repeat, but I found \laissezVibrer to be good enough for me. It
would probably be useful
to add a pointer to that in the documentation on repeats.

I have a minor problem in one place where I have a tie from the end of
the first alternative
to the beginning of the repeat but no tie before the beginning of the repeat.

I'd like to get something like \repeatTie with parentheses akin to
cautionary accidentals.
Is there a way to accomplish this?
Well, if you include a rather horrific bug workaround, you can do this
with something like

<frank.ly>

Nice file name :-)