Re: Chords and what they mean

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Chords and what they mean
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 02:10:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015, Blöchl Bernhard wrote:
> I tried to make clear that there is not just a single correct name for a
> chord. That is only true for the simplest chords of our simple original folk

When someone enters a set of notes and asks LilyPond to print the chord
name, there's such a thing as a wrong answer, even if there may also be
more than one answer you would call correct.  LilyPond has to print
something and it would be preferable that it prints one of the correct
answers.  What rules should LilyPond follow to determine what it prints?

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.