Re: Chords and what they mean

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Chords and what they mean
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 21:22:05 +0200

Sorry - I forgot the M! So once again:

I love all LP users and I do not want to be unpolite - but R-T-F-M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am 18.09.2015 21:20, schrieb Blöchl Bernhard:
Am 18.09.2015 19:53, schrieb address@hidden:

Csus means <c f g> it would be fine, if I
could define this once, and then use my definition(s) when entering
the music, instead of, like today, having to enter Csus4 or c:1.4.5,

Do you use a different program?
I checked c:1.4.5 and get <c f g> and not <c g> as you claim!
Are you really working with lilypond or are you trolling?

to not get <c g> which LP says is the definition.

Where did you find this definition??? Please simply check anything
yourself before encumbering!

\version "2.19.25"

theMusic = \chordmode {
  c:1.4.5
  c:sus4
}

\layout {
  ragged-right = ##t
}

<< \context ChordNames \theMusic
   \context Voice \theMusic

I love all LP users and I do not want to be unpolite - but

So if anyone knows of such a feature in LP, I would be glad to hear
it. So far at least I have not stumbled over it in my reading the
documentation.
/Kaj