Re: Chords and what they mean

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Chords and what they mean
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 21:39:14 +0200

> Am 18.09.2015 19:53, schrieb address@hidden:

>> Csus means <c f g> it would be fine, if I
>> could define this once, and then use my definition(s) when entering
>> the music, instead of, like today, having to enter Csus4 or c:1.4.5,
>

> Do you use a different program?
> I checked c:1.4.5 and get <c f g> and not <c g> as you claim!
> Are you really working with lilypond or are you trolling?
>
>> to not get <c g> which LP says is the definition.
>

> Where did you find this definition??? Please simply check anything yourself
> before encumbering!
>
> \version "2.19.25"
>
> theMusic = \chordmode {
>   c:1.4.5
>   c:sus4
> }
>
> \layout {
>   ragged-right = ##t
> }
>
> << \context ChordNames \theMusic
>    \context Voice \theMusic
>>>

> I love all LP users and I do not want to be unpolite - but
> R-T-F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, (re-)reading docs is always good advice, but I'm pretty sure
from his other posts, he did already.
More thoroughly than others.

Though, yes, Kay could have provided some more code example(s).

But, did you (re-)read his posts, trying to understand?

Anyway, I understood him as follows:

He tried
% 1
\chordmode {
    c:sus
    c:5
}
and was surprised by the printed output.

Which actually can be achieved by entering
% 2
\chordmode {
    c:sus4
    c^3
}

And now he asks whether inputting % 1 can be made to return what % 2 does.

And now I'm thinking about it ...

-Harm