Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:09:50 -0500

Hi Kieren,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 5:56 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Change the distance from text to line with TextSpanner.line-offset, which defaults to #'(0.0 . 0.0).

Love this. Is there a tweak for the vertical position of the line (independent of the text)?

Sure, no problem.  I added a 'line-Y-offset property which just raises/lowers the line without any reference to the texts.

For consistency, I renamed 'line-offset to 'line-X-offset.

> P.S.  One area of further improvement would be the input syntax.  Any suggestions for making this more user-friendly?

As I play with it, I’ll see what I can come up with.

Please do!  I thought about a music function which reframes the input and calls what I have for \addTextSpannerText, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Many thanks for this!

You're very welcome.

David