Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 22:48:36 +0200

David Nalesnik <address@hidden> writes:

> (As an aside: I must say that David's suggestion of using lyrics
> produces miraculous results without the hundreds and hundreds of lines
> of new code!  Don't want a connector line?  Don't write a hyphen.
> Etc.)

Actually, we might have had some miscommunication.  I was not really
suggesting using a lyrics context, just \lyricsmode as a user interface.
The idea was more or less to pick the music expression apart and then
let your code do the work.

However, (re-)using engravers for the "picking apart" bit in a context
without its own vertical axis group might be an interesting option.
Want several text spanners?  Use several contexts.

--
David Kastrup