Re: repeated flags

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: repeated flags
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 11:37:40 +0200

james <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently had a problem with flags being repeated in my printouts. The
> pdf file is
> fine, but for some reason, when I print it, some of the flags are repeated.
> I've tried
> this on different files and on different printers with similar results.
> *
> *
> Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do about it?

Well, this is a combination of an overprinting and a positioning issue.
I have no idea about the positioning issue.  But the overprinting issue
might be

commit 555eba6c5d21610b1ad87a68a4304946212fb69d
Author: David Nalesnik <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Aug 24 09:13:31 2015 -0500

    Don't print redundant flags in chords

    This patch adds a check to lily/stem-engraver.cc which ensures that only
    one Flag grob appears for a given Stem grob.  Previously, a flag was created
    and printed for each note of a chord.

resolved in 2.19.26.  So you are likely not to see this problem in this
form in future.  But the positioning of the single flag (or other stuff
then related to it) might still be bad.  Maybe a font metric problem?

--
David Kastrup