Re: Chords and what they mean

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Chords and what they mean
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 14:31:57 +0200

> I absolutely agree! I did not understand as I read that Lilypond now
> supports misbehavour of some lazy people with reduced harmonic skills.
>
> There are a bunch of "coloured" sus chords, not just sus4 for every sus
> sign.

No idea if anyone tested my recent proposal, seems not.

>From the user's point of view it simply aliases
c:sus to c:sus4
and
c:5 to c:1.5 or c^3

no other sus is changed or impossible to use, c:5 will only work if
the 5 is the one and only modifier, hence no other stuff is concerned.
If it turns out that my low tested proposal doesn't warrant this, it
needs more work, ofc.

Though, I really don't understand why people don't test and give feedback.
Instead more and more mails cumulate.

-Harm

P.S.
David announced an own patch. I'm quite confident he will do better
work than me.