proportional notation problem

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: proportional notation problem
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:51:55 -0600

See the two attached images for my problem spot.

I'd like something more like the Finale output, but no matter what combination of proportional notation options I try, it won't budge. It seems like the ledger lines are too greedy.

Also, I have no idea how to get the flats in the lower voice to appear *before* the *previous* note of the top voice, which seems to me like a more elegant solution in this case.

Any advice? I can't figure this out.

Thanks.