Re: syntactic equivalent for if __name__ == '__main__' in lilypond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: syntactic equivalent for if __name__ == '__main__' in lilypond
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:17:03 +0200

Am 22. September 2015 07:41:35 MESZ, schrieb Urs Liska <address@hidden>:

>Am 22. September 2015 07:31:12 MESZ, schrieb Mike Solomon
><address@hidden>:
>>Hey all,
>>
>>I’m developing a score where I’m including a lot of smaller .ily files
>>into a bigger one and I often want to compile these .ily files by
>>themselves.  Currently, I’m following the pattern of creating a new
>.ly
>>file for the individual compilation, but that results in jostling
>>between files and sometimes I get lost in the workflow.  Is there a
>>pattern à la python equivalent to something like.
>>
>>%% foo.ily
>>
>>foo = \relative c’ {
>>  a4 b c d
>>}
>>
>>if __name__ == ‘__main__’
>>  \new Staff \foo
>>
>>Cheers,
>>MS
>
>Maybe this can give you a start?
>https://git.openlilylib.org/bfsc/das-trunkne-lied/blob/master/library/ly/makescore/compile-segment.ily
>
>Best
>Urs

Ah, usage hint:
Define editionInitialized in a global include file. Include that file, then
define yor snippet in a variable snippetX. Then write

\compileSegment \snippetX.

If you compile the file directly it will compile as a snippet. If the file is
read as an included file it will simple define the variable.

Another approach might be the use of the GridLY library.

HTH
Urs