Re: Multiple scores in a single document

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Multiple scores in a single document
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:39:57 -0400

Hi Wol (et al.),

> Multiple scores are for multiple movements of the same work.

Not precisely… \bookpart will always start a new page, and sometimes you
want/need to start a new piece (n.b., not just another movement of the “same
work”) without a page break.

> I wanted to put multiple parts in the same file and it's not as easy as it
> sounds.

I do it all the time. It’s actually quite simple, once you define custom
titling (as implied by Abraham in his link).

> Look at \bookpart, not \score.

Only if you’re okay starting on a new page.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info