Re: ‘new text-spanner’ development

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: ‘new text-spanner’ development
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 09:23:40 -0500

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 7:35 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 6:54 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

the following open-coded loop is
both opaque and inefficient (namely O(n^2) as _appending_ to a list is
an O(n) operation):

OK, thanks!  Will update accordingly.

I removed that idiom from the code, so it should be somewhat more efficient.

I incorporated the changes into your file, Simon, to avoid confusion.  For the most part, this involved simple copy-and -paste.  I did make some manual changes to the redefinition of \startTextSpan, namely removal of the unused variable "padding".

I don't have a solution for the problem you began the thread with.

DN