Re: Centering markup between staves

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Centering markup between staves
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:11:31 -0400

Hi Robert,

> Here is a "minimal" example where the \regR appears off-center. This
> does not occur if I cut out the \p, but that \p needs to be there in the
> score.

Well, Lilypond is solving collisions, which leads to the “off-venter”ness.
How’s this?

\version "2.19.27"

   regR = \markup \normal-text {
       \upright R
       \raise #0.7 {
           \override #'(font-encoding . fetaBraces)
           \lookup #"brace60"

   \score {
        \new PianoStaff <<
                \new Staff \relative c' {
                        c4 d e f |
                        g a b c |
                }
                \new Dynamics {
                        s1 -\tweak Y-offset #-3.5 \p -\tweak self-alignment-X
#2 -\regR
                }
                \new Staff \relative c {
                        c4 d e f |