Re: Bar numbers seem to be one off

From: T. Michael Sommers
Subject: Re: Bar numbers seem to be one off
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 04:52:23 -0400

On 9/26/2015 3:31 AM, Andrew Bernard wrote:
The output is normal and correct. What may be putting you off is that
with the default fonts, under 2.19.27 at least, the numerals are
aligned slightly to the left of the barline, perhaps giving the
impression they belong to the bar before.

That is exactly what bothers me, and exactly what impression they give to me. It's especially weird when the bar number appears at the end of the line.

The do indeed relate to the
proper bar, and this is normal practice. However, you don’t often see
scores with every barline numbered, and generally publishers only
print the bar number at the start of each line, and normally leaving
out 1.

I numbered every bar just to make clear what was going on. If it is the correct way, and if the numbers usually appear at the start of the line (which also appears odd to me), that's what I'll start doing. Thanks.

--
T.M. Sommers -- address@hidden -- ab2sb