Re: Two questions about key signatures

From: T. Michael Sommers
Subject: Re: Two questions about key signatures
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 23:19:53 -0400

On 10/5/2015 12:58 PM, Noeck wrote:
Hi Michael,

Am 05.10.2015 um 11:33 schrieb T. Michael Sommers:
Hmmm.  When I change from a key with sharps or flats in it to one with
no sharps or flats, the cancelling accidentals still appear.  I can
understand that, since otherwise there would be no indication that the
key had changed, but for my application, it's a little annoying.  Not
annoying enough to do anything about, though.

Well, the result is misleading in the last bar, but I guess that is what
you are looking for:

\version "2.19.21"

{
   \textLengthOn  % only for this snippet
   \set Staff.printKeyCancellation = ##f  % removes key cancellation
   a'1
   \key d \major
   a'1
   \key f \major
   a'1 ^"no naturals"
   \key c \major
   a'1 ^"natural"
   \key f \major
   a'1
   \once \omit Staff.KeyCancellation % removes it even for C major
   \key c \major
   b'1 ^"no natural"
}

Thanks. I think, though, that eventually I will end up putting the keys with no sharps or flats first, thus avoiding the problem (it's also the natural order to put the keys in).

--
T.M. Sommers -- address@hidden -- ab2sb