Re: 2.18.2 - Thoughts so far

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 2.18.2 - Thoughts so far
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 07:51:49 +0200

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 10:00:39PM -0400, PMA wrote:
>> Hear, hear!
>>
>> Ivan Kuznetsov wrote:
>> >Do yourself a serious favor and learn vi
>
> Or Emacs!

At the current point of time, I find LilyPond-mode not a convincing case
for using Emacs.  I am using LilyPond-mode in order to use Emacs (as I
use it for everything, and it's a reasonably good deal when you do
that), but I don't think I'd be using Emacs in order to use
LilyPond-mode.

vi is a nice compact skill set to have (basically, you need to learn a
one-page help sheet or vi will be horrible, but the one page is enough)
whenever Emacs is not yet booted either on your computer or the user's
mind.

--
David Kastrup