Re: Two questions about key signatures

From: T. Michael Sommers
Subject: Re: Two questions about key signatures
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 07:41:23 -0400

On 10/5/2015 5:33 AM, Robert Schmaus wrote:

I tried this:

\override Staff.KeySignature.break-visibility = ##(#f #t #t)

along with some variations, but it didn't seem to have any effect.
Also, I had used that formula in another situation (with the
TimeSignature, I think), and, although it removed the signature, it
left the empty staff lines it had occupied dangling off the end of
the staff, with was a bit unsatisfactory.

I just checked - there seem to be special considerations for the Time
Signature case. You'll need to set the
"explicitKeySignatureVisibility" and possibly the
"printKeyCancellation" properties - those are also described on that
page.

Thanks.  I should have read on.  Doing this:

    \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible

seems to have done the trick. printKeyCancellation was already set to #f following the suggestion in your other post.

--
T.M. Sommers -- address@hidden -- ab2sb