Re: Two questions about key signatures

From: T. Michael Sommers
Subject: Re: Two questions about key signatures
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 05:11:51 -0400

On 10/5/2015 3:33 AM, Robert Schmaus wrote:
On 5 Oct 2015, at 09:16, T. Michael Sommers <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

I have a couple of questions about key signatures:

1) When a key change occurs at the end of a printed line, the new key
signature is printed at the end of the line.  Is there any way to
suppress that?

2) When the key changes, the new key signature includes a bunch of
naturals to negate the effects of the previous key.  Is there any way
to suppress that?  My application is not an actual score to be played
by others, but just a cheat sheet for me, and all those naturals get
in the way, so complying with any standards is not an issue, if those
naturals are standard notation.

Check the Notation Reference, section 5.4.6 - you'll find the answers to
your questions there.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects

I tried this:

        \override Staff.KeySignature.break-visibility = ##(#f #t #t)

along with some variations, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Also, I had used that formula in another situation (with the TimeSignature, I think), and, although it removed the signature, it left the empty staff lines it had occupied dangling off the end of the staff, with was a bit unsatisfactory.

--
T.M. Sommers -- address@hidden -- ab2sb