Re: frescobaldi output file location

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: frescobaldi output file location
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 18:32:18 +0200

Hi Gerard and Edward,

I guess the reasoning is: if you don't save the input ly file, you are
probably not doing something persistent but just an interactive test.
Then the pdf is stored in /tmp because it needs to be stored somewhere
to be displayed in Frescobaldi. Both the input and the output only exist
as long as the program is open.

If it is meant to be persistent, you probably save the ly file in order
to be able to modify the score later. And then you get the pdf in the
same place by default.

I never had the need for something in between these two options, but you
seem to. Urs' mail was probably more helpful, I just wanted to add this.

Cheers,
Joram