Re: lyrics placement change from 2.18 to 2.19 ?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: lyrics placement change from 2.18 to 2.19 ?
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 01:52:19 +0200

Hello Johannes, and welcome to the list.

On 09.10.2015 00:02, Johannes Waldmann wrote:
Hi.

The following snippet is interpreted
differently by 2.18.* and 2.19.* :

\score {
<<
\new Staff { \key a \minor \relative c'' {
   a1   \new Voice { c2 d2 } e1
}}
\addlyrics  { foo bar }
}

notes are displayed identically,
but lyrics placement is changed:

with 2.18.2,  foo -> a1, bar -> e1,
with 2.19.27, foo -> a1, bar -> c2.

This breaks a bunch of my scores (so I don't like it).
Is this a bug? Or a bug-fix?

Most likely so. I suspect the fix for issue 2010 <http://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/2010/> or something in that context.

What is the relevant section of documentation?

It’s relevant that \addlyrics has never been working reliably with any but the _most_ simple situations. So you were on shifting ground anyway. And if you start creating new contexts within the music expression to which \addlyrics is applied, it’s most certainly better to use \lyricsto and named contexts. If you have further, more specific questions, feel free to post code examples and ask again.

Yours, Simon