Re: compress full bar rests

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: compress full bar rests
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 00:44:39 +0200

Hello David,

On 09.10.2015 22:31, Flaming Hakama by Elaine wrote:
Somehow, through this framework, I cannot get full bar rests to compress when I use a globals treatment.

Minimal examples are highly useful: You should follow the instructions on <http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html> if you encounter such a problem. There is _much_ redundancy in the example you posted: You use \relative three times for only one music expression. Many overrides are also applied multiple times, which does not help at all in debugging. Also there are many superfluous <<>> and {}: If you have only one expression, you needn’t wrap it in any kind of braces. For example ‘##{ \relative $mus #}’ or ‘\new Staff \foo’ on top level or ‘\globals \melody’.

But all of this has nothing to do with the problem, which now has already been resolved by Harm and Trevor.

Yours, Simon