Re: frescobaldi output file location

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: frescobaldi output file location
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 18:22:59 +0200

Am 08.10.2015 um 18:09 schrieb Edward Ardzinski:
> I'm in the same boat, and was confused.  Actually it seems that you can save
> the PDF when you do a preview also.  For the midi files after I've played it
> in Windows Media Player I open the file folder up and copy the file to where
> I want.  Opening the folder this way gets me access tot he PDF to do the
> same if I want.

You have the menu option Lilypond->Generated files. From there you can
open even the PDF in the temp directory in an external PDF viewer. From
there you can save it wherever you want.

> I have not found that the output path is editable...it's not a deal breaker
> to me.

I think you can tell that inside the LilyPond file (although I don't
recall what that was).

But I think it could be considered adding a preference to Frescobaldi to
have an explicit temp folder.
I've added an issue to discuss this:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/769

Urs