Re: Ottava bracket outside-staff-priority

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Ottava bracket outside-staff-priority
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 12:39:13 +0200

Il giorno sab 10 ott 2015 alle 11:58, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I want to put an ottava bracket inside a tuplet bracket. Using the outside-staff-priority parameter, this will only work if the tuplet bracket priority is greater than 400, which is the default for the ottava bracket. I thought that it was a matter of numerical ordering to do this, not absolute values. Changing the value of outside-staff-priority for the ottava bracket value seems to have no effect. What am I missing?

Andrew

— snip

\version "2.19.28"

bass = {
  \clef bass
  \time 1/4
  \stemUp
  \tupletDown
  \once \override OttavaBracket.outside-staff-priority = #2
  \once \override TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority = #3

  %\once \override TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority = #401

  \override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
  \tuplet 5/4 {
    <cis e b>8.[
    \once \override OttavaBracket.outside-staff-priority = #1
    \ottava #-1
    \set Staff.ottavation = #"8"
    <a,,, bes,,, ees,,>8]
    \ottava #0

\score {
  \new Staff { \bass }
  \layout { }
}

If you uncomment the override you get the result you want, don't you? See attached image.
What I'm missing?