Re: Repeat with alternatives [solved]

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Repeat with alternatives [solved]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:18:21 -0500

Quoting address@hidden (address@hidden):

> I’m trying to write a piece that has repeats with alternatives. It seems that
>
> \repeat volta 2” is the way to go with supplying the alternatives in “\
> alternative”. However, this seems to work only for alternative endings, while
> have alternative middle parts.

Hi again, thanks to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-10/msg00399.html
I can now close the volta bracket with this undocumented feature,
\allowVoltaHook, thus avoiding inkscape postprocessing.

Be aware, however, that \allowVoltaHook is global and unresettable,
at least at the level of \score. (I don't use \book myself.)

I've also tidied up the code I sent previously, getting rid of the
warning by removing the redundant (volta #f). Staff, \score and \time
are also not required as they only redefine the defaults.
Score.VoltaBracket.shorten-pair might be useful too. I've tried to
indicate that the barlines both *terminate* the alternative part-
measures by shifting the hooks.

(I'm not convinced that part-measures are a good idea, but that's not
my call.)

Cheers,
David.