Re: A title with a transposing note name

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: A title with a transposing note name
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 08:36:03 +0100

On Tue, 2015-10-13 at 07:18 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il giorno lun 12 ott 2015 alle 18:54, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> > I am trying to make a title (e.g. Sonata in F minor) which will
> > transpose when the music is transposed. I can do this by using
> > ChordNames for the name of the note in a markup using \score, thus:
> >
> > \version "2.19.25"
> >
> > \header {
> >   title = \markup {Sonata in\score {
> > \new ChordNames { f' }
> > \paper{
> > #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "Times New Roman" "Times New
> > Roman""Luxi Mono" (/ staff-height pt 20)))
> > }
> > \layout{indent=0.0}
> > } minor}
> > }
> >
> > \score {
> >   \new Voice { \clef treble s1 }
> >   \layout { }
> > }
> >
> > In this I have tried to change the font of the ChordName (which
> > defaults
> > to sans) by using the syntax at
> > http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/fonts#index-font-families_002c-setting
> > unfortunately the example has the \paper block outside the score block
> > while my version has it inside and this causes an error.
>
> In your example the \paper block is inside the \header block. This is
> not correct:
Yes, that is what I said: "while my version has it inside and this
causes an error",
The error message suggests putting it in a \layout block, but that also
is an error.
I can't help thinking that there must be something much simpler some
sort of music function that takes a note name (as a music e.g.
\transpose f g {cis}) and generates a markup (or rather whatever would
be valid inside \markup).

Richard