Re: Emacs lilypond-mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 11:49:43 +0200

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> Really helpful advice. Except I need a hint or two.
>
> If I create .dir-locals.el thus:
>
> ((LilyPond-mode
>   (LilyPond-lilypond-command . "lilypond -I /tmp")))
>
> when running C-c C-l then only the command ‘lilypond’ is run - the
> customisation is ignored. Do you have to customise the elisp
> definition in entirety?
>
> The idea is to just add -I for the include paths for the libraries of
> code that I have created.

This is rather awkward: all the commands refer to LilyPond-command-menu,
and LilyPond-command-menu evaluates the value of
LilyPond-lilypond-command when first loaded but not afterwards.  So any
subsequent change or customization is ignored until Emacs is restarted,
but directory locals are applied when a mode is loaded and consequently
will always come too late.  I'll take a look at the code and try fixing
it.  Since the code was lifted from a very early version of AUCTeX,
making it work like AUCTeX should likely do the trick.

--
David Kastrup