Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Syntax for multiple slurs per Voice?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:31:58 -0400

Hi,

I'm coming late to this discussion, but potentially *very* excited about what this might mean. Will the available of spanner IDs mean that a single voice will (eventually) be able to carry multiple *text spanners*???

This would be incredibly useful in my own scores (and probably also in the scores of very many other composers who work with simultaneous continuous transitions). I've attached a PNG of an example from a recent cello piece. The score is in LilyPond, but the engraving required multiple (redundant) invisible markup voices. Would be so elegant to be need only a single voice.

Trevor.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 4:43 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> (4)
> Observation:
> Using Slurs with and without setted 'spanner-id works as well
> \relative { c'\=1( d( e\=1) f) }
>
> \relative { c'\=1(^( e\=1)) }

The default is a spanner-id of "" so that's not much of a surprise.

--
David Kastrup