Re: independent time signatures

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: independent time signatures
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:30:43 -0500

Quoting Michael Collins (address@hidden):
> I'm trying to write a piece for two staves in independent time signatures.
> After consulting this post, I moved the timing translator and bar line
> engraver
> out of the score context and into the staff context.  However, I'm still
> getting garbled output.  My code is attached below.  What am I doing wrong?

I ran your code unmodified and then I added

#(set-global-staff-size 14)

so that the score didn't run off the page. I can see 4 bars of 4/4 in
the treble. Because the first barlines in each staff come at the same
moment, LP takes the opportunity to make a line break, its only
chance. It's also the only time the GrandStaff can span the barline.

The 7th treble note lines up with the 3rd bass note as might be
expected (6 beats have passed). The bass line has about 13.52 units of
time, compared with 16 in the treble, so it finishes earlier.

I haven't figured out why the bass staff is slightly prolonged past
the |. barline, but perhaps the maths is getting screwed up by the odd
denominators which LP is also issuing warnings about.

When you say the output is garbled, what was it you expected to see
that you're not getting?

Cheers,
David.